The biggest part in the game of golf is about your mental ability. For example: when you hit a bad shot you already knew this was going to happen during your pre shot routine.
You could not access the right feeling, could not hear the right sound or were not able to say those things to your self to be absolutely confident about your shot!
The 5 Step Golf Process™ is developed to improve your mental game of golf. This is the way to assist your mental process and get you the results you want!
5 Step Golf Process™
Walk up to the ball, this can be the tee, on the fairway, in the buncker or on the green, important is to be in the “golf state” when you do this.
Step 1: Golf State
Happiness, sadness, fear, anger and confidence are examples of different mental states we might be in.
For example: when your tee shot was crap, it’s highly possible that you get angry at your self and still feel that anger at he moment of hitting your second shot.
Guess what happens..?
It is easy to say that mental states are only triggered by external influences. The fact is we create them ourselves.
So put yourself at cause. You are in charge of your mental state, you are able to find the perfect golf state and be in that state during every shot you make, on the driving range as well out on the course.
1. Notice what is going on, and stop everything
2. It is only about golf, right now
3. Get physiologically comfortable for golf
4. Control your breathing
5. Withdraw your attention momentarily (go inside)
6. Concentrate on one point
7. Contemplate, expanded awareness
8. Become one with the course
Step 2: Dissociation
Before you hit your shot, stand behind the ball and see yourself. In your imagination hit the perfect shot: see your perfect swing, hear the impact on the sweet spot.
Imagine the exact flight of the ball, see were it lands and where it stops.
1. Take information in how to adapt to the weather conditions and distance what hazards to delete or distort from the picture you have from the hole to play
2. Visualize how you watch yourself hitting a perfect shot, dissociated from now, take the learning from this position
3. Select your club based on 1and 2
Step 3: Association
Walk up to your ball and get in to the position you saw yourself in during your perfect shot.
Get yourself associated with that perfect shot. Feel and hear your perfect swing.
See, hear and feel your perfect impact. See and hear the ball fly away in the exact direction you want it to go, see its flight and where it stops. See it al happening from your own eyes.
1. Firing of circle of excellence grip, anchor on the golf club
2. Alignment golf ball to visualisation to target
3. Step into the perfect swing picture, integrate learning from visualisation
4. Make practise swing according to convincer strategy max. 3 times
Step 4: Utilisation
You make sure you feel 100 % convinced about your shot and only focus on that what
you do want to happen! Let your perfect swing come to you, then swing it!
1. Trigger and run your strategy to win and convincer strategy
2. Trigger and run your motivation strategy to play the shot, feel the positive Kinaesthetic
3. Let your energy go through the ball through the target whilst you are running your strategy to play the
Step 5: Feedback sandwich
Finish your swing perfectly. Keep standing in your final position a and give yourself feedback on the shot.
Always give yourself feedback in a way that is positive! What went
good? What can I do better next time and an overall positive statement.
1. End position in the golf state in balance
2. What went well, 2 or more things to do better next time
3. Positive self talk
4. Run reassurance strategy for good golf
The Golf in Mind process will help you to hit every shot with 100% confidents, no matter where the ball might be, and makes sure you will learn from every shot.
Now I can help you using NLP and Hypnosis. I play golf and associate with everything I have written. To maximise Golf in Mindcontact me to understand how by improving your mind you will improve your golf………..feeling better already?