The biggest part in the game of golf is about your mental ability. For example: when you hit a bad shot you already knew this was going to happen during your pre-shot routine.You were unable to access the right feeling, unable to hear the right sound or were unable to say those things to yourself to be absolutely confident about your shot! I have developed a method to improve your mental game of golf. This is the way to assist your mental process and help you achieve the results you want! Walk up to the ball, this can be on the tee, on the fairway, in the bunker or on the green, wherever the ball is, it is important to be in the “golf state” when you do so.
Happiness, sadness, fear, anger and confidence are examples of different mental states you may be experiencing. For example: when your tee shot was not as you wanted, it’s highly possible that you become angry at yourself and still feel that anger when hitting your second shot.
Guess what happens..?
It is easy to say that mental states are only triggered by external influences. The fact is we create them ourselves internally.
So put yourself at the cause. You are in charge of your mental state, you are able to find the perfect golf state and be in that state during every shot you make, on the driving range as well out on the course.
1. Notice what is going on, and stop everything
2. It is only about golf, right now
3. Get physiologically comfortable for golf
4. Control your breathing
5. Withdraw your attention momentarily (go inside)
6. Concentrate on one point
7. Contemplate, expanded awareness
8. Become one with the course
Before you hit your shot, stand behind the ball and see yourself. In your imagination hit the perfect shot: see your perfect swing, hear the impact on the sweet spot.
Imagine the exact flight of the ball, see where it lands and where it stops.
1. Take the information in; how do you adapt to the weather conditions and distance; what hazards to delete or distort from the picture you have of the hole/shot you are about to play
2. Visualise how you watch yourself hitting a perfect shot, dissociated from now;
3. Select your club based on 1 and 2
Associate yourself with that perfect shot. Feel and hear your perfect swing.
See, hear and feel your perfect impact. See and hear the ball fly away in the exact direction you want it to go, see its flight and where it stops. See it all happening from your own eyes.
1. Firing of circle of excellence grip, anchor on the golf club
2. Align the golf ball by visualisation to your target
3. Step into the perfect swing picture, integrate learning from visualisation
4. Make practise swing according to convincer strategy a maximum of 3 times.
1. Trigger and run your strategy to win and believe your convincer strategy
2. Trigger and run your motivation strategy to play the shot, feel the positive Kinaesthetic
3. Let your energy go through the ball through the target whilst you are running your strategy to play the shot
well? What can I do better next time in an overall positive statement?
1. Your end position is in the golf state in balance.
2. What went well, two or more things to do better next time?
3. Always us positive self talk.
4. Run reassurance strategy for good golf.
Ready to get started? Contact me.
Before I came to see you I was feeling really low in my confidence and self esteem. I felt unable to socialise like the rest of my friends and family due to my poor eating habits and the anxiety towards eating new foods.
I found that my health had begun to suffer as a result of my diet.
I came to see you and had two sessions and immediately felt different, more confident and able to try new foods and I have.
I have tried new foods every day and I am becoming used to new tastes and textures and I am now planning different meals which is wonderful.
You have helped me begin and helped make it possible that I can live a really happy and fulfilled life which I never thought could be possible.
I will be forever grateful, thank you.