The good news if you have a phobia, which may or may not be on the list below, is that all phobias are learnt behaviours. So, just as they are learnt they can be unlearnt. Depending on you, the client, I use Hypnosis, Neuro-Linguistic Programming or Thought Field Therapy to help you unlearn your phobia. In my experience, many people are content to live with a phobia and simply avoid situations where the phobia may be present.
This is short term thinking as the phobia, depending on what it is, of course, may suddenly present without notice. This can cause extreme stress, anxiety and significant discomfort.
It’s much easier to deal with it right now and avoid all the unnecessary stress and anxiety.
Contact me to understand how I can help you be comfortable in any situation, stress free and happy. You will feel better the minute you know you’re about to pick up your phone.
The Top 20 fears and phobias
1. Arachnophobia – The fear of spiders affects women four times more (48% women and 12% men).
2. Ophidiophobia – The fear of snakes. Phobics avoid certain cities because they have more snakes.
3. Acrophobia – The fear of heights. Five percent of the general population suffer from this phobia.
4. Agoraphobia – The fear of open or crowded spaces. People with this fear often won’t leave home.
5. Cynophobia – The fear of dogs. This includes everything from small Poodles to large Great Danes.
6. Astraphobia – The fear of thunder/lightning AKA Brontophobia, Tonitrophobia, Ceraunophobia.
7. Claustrophobia – The fear of small spaces like elevators, small rooms and other enclosed spaces.
8. Mysophobia – The fear of germs. It is also rightly termed as Germophobia
9. Aerophobia – The fear of flying.
10. Trypophobia – The fear of holes is an unusual but pretty common phobia.
11. Carcinophobia – The fear of cancer. People with this can develop extreme diets.
12. Thanatophobia – The fear of death. Even talking about death can be hard.
13. Glossophobia – The fear of public speaking. Not being able to do speeches.
14. Monophobia – The fear of being alone. Even while eating and/or sleeping.
15. Atychiphobia – The fear of failure. It is the single greatest barrier to success.
16. Ornithophobia – The fear of birds. Individuals suffering from this may only fear certain species.
17. Alektorophobia – The fear of chickens. You may have this phobia if chickens make you panic.
18. Enochlophobia – The fear of crowds is closely related to Ochlophobia and Demophobia.
19. Aphenphosmphobia – The fear of intimacy. Fear of being touched and love.
20. Trypanophobia – The fear of needles. I used to fear needles (that and death)
Did you know we’re born with only two fears? The fear of loud noises and falling down?
Ready to get started? Contact me.
Can’t actually believe what’s happened this afternoon!! After years and years of being in constant pain, countless pills, injections and procedures, I am officially pain free!! It’s all thanks to the truly amazing Mike Walton, I’m sat here in a state of shock!! It’s gone!!! That dull aching thud which wears me down from time to time is gone!! 😱 I cannot believe it!!! Beyond grateful!!